February 27, 2013

Valentine's Day

This year, we spent Valentine's Day in Playa del Carmen, Mexico.  Not bad, huh?  Because we were going to be on vacation for the big day, we decided to go easy with the gifts.  I ended up finding a few goodies at the dollar store for Kevin to use on the trip and I also made him this from pinterest:

from pinterest


Instead of "like" I said "love" and I switched out the ribbon for manly metal rings.  :)

Kevin also went the pinterest route and actually showed me up this year.  His gifts were activity themed, as in things we could do together.



He made a list of date ideas and framed them.  We can use a dry erase marker on the glass to check them off.  He also made a date jar so when we can't decide what to do, we just pull out a popsicle stick and do what's on it.  They are seriously the sweetest gifts I've received in a long time.

We gave each other these things before we flew to Mexico so we wouldn't have to lug them on the plane.  We were in Mexico on Valentine's Day but Kevin managed to surprise me with another pinterest present:



Yup.  Those be Rolos dressed up as dynamite.  I'm a lucky girl.  :)

Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. too cute!! can't beat thoughtful gifts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these ideas!! You both get the "Star" of the day! Surprised
    you didn't get stopped at the airport with the "dynamite"! Cann't wait
    to see what's next.

    ReplyDelete