April 14, 2013

Spring is here!

This past weekend it was gorgeous!  The weather was perfect and temps were in the 70s.  I got a free half day at work because of the Final Four so I ran home to be with Kevin, who was home nursing a headache.  It was too nice a day so we decided to find a patio for dinner.  That's not super easy in our area.  there are only about 4 and everyone seemed to have the same idea.  We did manage to snag a table outside at a new restaurant/ bar in downtown Tucker called Local 7.  If I were still in my 20's, I'm sure I'd be there every night.  The food was great and the staff was super friendly.  And it just so happens that Sweet Dee's bakery is right next door.  Score. 

Saturday was also great weather.  I wasn't about to stay in our cold, dark house.  I made the dogs go outside and ran around with them for a few while Kevin grilled chicken for our lunch.  Then we remembered that the Final Four was going on downtown.  I usually hate downtown Atlanta but I wanted to be outside so badly, I ignored it and headed to the nearest Marta station.  We were hoping to catch the free Ludacris and Flo Rida concerts in centennial park.  I don't know what I was thinking.  It was crazy.  We ended up just wandering around CNN, World of Coke and Underground.  But we were outside and it was nice.

That night, we went to the Stone Mountain Art Stroll.  The local art galleries hosted it and they had some light refreshments and we got to meet all the artists.  There are some really talented people in Stone Mountain.  And we found a new antique store with great stuff and low prices!  Another score!

Since the Art Stroll was free and the Final Four activities were free, we spent the whole day outside doing stuff and only bought a couple BK kids meal and a trip on Marta.  Another cheap, fun weekend in the A!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment