July 7, 2013

Fourth of July

Since I wasn't on call for the fourth, we decided to head up to Chattanooga, TN to visit Kevin's friend Shawn.  We had a BBQ, traded recipes and told stories.  I even tried out a new pin.  It was a great evening.  

Oh, and we made a new friend.

Cheers!

This is Chewy.  He's was such a little wiggler!

 I found "Firecracker Cookies" on Pinterest.  They seemed pretty easy so I gave them a try.  I made some sugar cookies, frosted them with white and blue frosting and sprinkled red Pop Rocks on top.  Well, didn't know that the moisture in frosting was enough to set the Pop Rocks off.  They starting popping right away.  By the time it was ready to eat them, the Pop Rocks were all melted and gross looking.  Next time, I will add the Pop Rocks right before I serve them.

70's Pop Rocks

No comments:

Post a Comment