May 3, 2013

DIY Fabric Softener

I'm really excited about this one.  I waited MONTHS for my Sam's Club sized container of fabric softener to run out so I could make my own.  I found the recipe via Pinterest (where all awesome things are found...) and finally made my own version a couple weeks ago.  It was super easy and super cheap, I had all but one ingredient.  I've been using it for a little over a week now and it seems to be fine.  Can't really smell it, but I never smelled the store bought stuff either.  Looks like this ones a keeper!


Here's what you'll need to make your own batch:

6 cups HOT water
3 cups white vinegar
2 cups hair conditioner (I used Suave because its cheap and good)




First, I measured out the conditioner.  Then I microwaved the six cups of water to make it REALLY hot.  I wanted to make sure that all the conditioner was dissolved.  Then I added the vinegar.  I mixed it all up in an empty water jug. 


Shake it!

Then you just shake, shake, shake!  That's it.  Once the bubbles settle, it's ready to use.  I use it in a Downy ball.  Never buying fabric softener again!

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try this one. It sounds better than
    the one I have. Keep it up my thrifty diva!

    ReplyDelete