May 6, 2013

Energy Balls

My Dad turned us on to this VERY simple recipe when we were home a while ago.  We call them energy balls.  They are all over pinterest and are the easiest, most filling snack I have ever had.  And they don't taste like you're being good, which is always a plus.  I highly recommend making a batch.  I grab two for breakfast as I'm running out the door and they hold me over until lunch.  And bonus: they are totally customizable.  :)  Here's the recipe we use. 

Cheers!






Energy Balls

1 cup dry oatmeal (oats)
2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla

Toast coconut flakes in a small pan at medium heat on stove top.  Keep moving the flakes around so they don't get burned.  Mix all ingredients in a bowl.  I try to put the chocolate chips on the bottom so the coconut doesn't melt them until I stir everything in.  Let it sit in the fridge for a bit to harden up.  Make into balls.  Store in the fridge.

If you don't like chocolate, try dried fruit or nuts.  And you can make these without including the flaxseed if you want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment