November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I hope that you all had a great day filled with family, friends and food.  Kevin and I went to The Quirks house.  We had a great evening with Meg and Nick, her parents, her grandma and her brother.  The food was great.  Kevin made his mom's broccoli casserole and it was a big hit.   We also had two pies for dessert, pumpkin and chocolate.  We spent the day watching football, looking at clothes, talking and playing cards.  It was a great day with friends. 

My Gratitude List 2012
my health
my family
friends
a job
my dogs
a roof over my head
my freedom
new opportunities in 2013
the men and women of the US military

What are you thankful for?

Our Thanksgiving table








Me and Meg.  I always perch by the fire.


Me and my new friend Aubree


Thanksgiving makes everyone get along...



We also got up at 6:30 am to participate in Black Friday.  i have never gotten up early for Black Friday.  I have shopped on Black Friday, but on my schedule.  Last year I got the black leather boots i had been hunting for for a really good price, at 1pm.  This year, we were in need of a new vacuum.  You can't be in a house with two dogs and a cat and no vacuum for very long.  Sam's Club had a good deal so we decided to get there when they opened to see if we could get it.  It wasn't that bad!  They gave us coffee while we waited in line and we only had to wait 15 minutes.  There was barely a crowd and everyone seemed to know what they wanted.  We all walked to our items, loaded them up, paid and walked out.  We were in the store 30 minutes.  I had so much fun, I decided to try other stores.  We went to Walmart where I got some socks and a Christmas present.  Then we went to JCP where Kevin got a sport coat for $40 and jeans for $15.  I got a pair of leather booties for $20.  After a quick trip to Target we went home and watched some of the movies we got.  Then I passed out.  It was a good day.  :)

Cheers! 


The line



Reading the ads while waiting in line

No comments:

Post a Comment