October 13, 2013

Peace Out, A-Town! (for good this time...)

I'm really late with this post, so just pretend it's August...

We're moving!!  I got a job in Port St Lucie, FL.  Going back to HIV research, where it all started for me.  I'm very excited/ nervous/ scared, you name it.  It was not an easy decision for the Kendi Haus.  Yes, we desperately wanted to leave GA and yes, I desperately wanted a new job, but moves when you're married are difficult.  Kevin didn't have anything lined up work wise and moving to a different state is expensive.  Plus, whenever I get a new science job, they want you to start yesterday.  So, cue the frantic search for a new place to live.  A house, with a fenced yard, that takes two big dogs.  Oh, and you have one weekend to find it and sign a lease.  GO!

Kevin ended up going by himself to look the weekend before I needed to move down to FL.  He got a little discouraged the first day but the second went a lot better.  He picked a small house for us 10 minutes from my job.  It will require us to seriously downsize, but that's ok because we had too much stuff anyway.  :)

Now the frantic packing and logistics start.  I'll be sure to fill you all in on the (disastrous) move later.

Cheers!  And here's to fresh starts!



Back from cruising PSL in the Fiat rental

No comments:

Post a Comment