October 20, 2013

Retro Halloween

Every third Saturday of the month, the Minsky Gym near our house has a community garage sale.  Since Kevin had to work yesterday, I went to check it out.  I love garage sales.  I had high hopes of finding some treasures to decorate with.  It was smaller than I was hoping and I wasn't having any luck until the very last booth, where I saw these...



Vintage paper Halloween decorations!  I remember my mom putting these up in our house in Taylor.  And I know they are getting more popular now, which means they are getting expensive.  The lady sold them to me for 10 cents each.  I didn't even have to bargain!  I almost feel guilty about the price since they go for much more on Ebay.  I got $1.50 worth.  I decorated when I got home.  :)  


Learned this from my MIL.  She decorates the windows and cabinets of her house like this.

Love this skeleton


Here's the outside!  Now, all I need are Trick-or-Treaters!  PS: those ghosts glow in the dark

You'll notice Chester peeking out the window.  He and Freeman do that a lot.  And it's about time I introduce Pepe, our albino flamingo and Louis, our bookworm turtle.  They have been with us since our first house in GA.  I'm hoping to get a girl for Pepe soon.  And please ignore the weeds.  We're taking care of them today.  :)

Cheers!


1 comment:

  1. That's my girl! Love the great decs. Great find! I'm sure with all the "seniors" there, you
    will get plenty more deals. Keeping on hunting/shopping.

    ReplyDelete