October 19, 2013

Things I will miss about GA

Needless to say, there is a reason(s) I left GA.  But, there are things I really enjoyed and will miss.  Here is my list of things I wish I could take with me or that I would recommend to people.

Cheers!


Your Dekalb Farmer's Market

I've talked about this place many times here on Haus of Kendi.  It saved us lots of money, helped us lose 50 lbs last summer and has made us healthier.  All things that are important to me.  I will somehow find a way to make it to this market when I head up north.  Even if I have to go out of my way, it's that good.

The Local 7

Best burgers in GA.  Small little place in Tucker but the staff was always nice and they always had the game on.  If you go, get the sliders with the Local 7 sauce.  You won't regret it.

Mellow Mushroom

I know it's a chain, but it's still amazing pizza and you can't get it outside GA (or there are very few locations outside GA).  For around $20, Kevin and I would get a medium pizza with green peppers and onions and the cheesy bread.  We always had leftovers for lunch the next day.  Bonus.

Stone Mountain

It's just an awesome place to be outside.  There is something for everyone and I've never meet a person that hates it.  Climbing the mountain is a right of passage for all who live in GA.

Scott's Antique Market

Another deal, this time for the home.  We found so many good things here each month.  Sometimes, we just went to look around and get ideas.  If you love antiques, this is a must for you.  It happens the second weekend of the month and it's huge.  Another thing I will go out of my way to visit in the future.

Kudzu Antique Market

If you're on your way to YDFM, make a stop at Kudzu.  It's another antique store but with a lot of character.  We went there a lot to get ideas and find gifts.  I was really sorry to say goodbye to this place...

Chick-Fil-A

If you've been here you know.  If you haven't been here, than you need to find out. 

QwikTrip

It's more than a gas station, it's an experience.  If you're on the road or running late, you don't have to worry about getting a crappy meal here quickly.  They have nice food like sandwiches and salads, yogurt and bakery items.  I prefer to go here to grab something fast than any where else.  So many choices, you forget you're at a gas station.  And you can tell the staff really like their jobs.

Consignment

There are LOTS of consignment stores in ATL.  And they are good.  I found many a deal on Saturdays spent going through all the racks of clothes.  And I probably made over $500 selling clothes to them over a year...

Our Rental House

It was big and beautiful and made me feel like a grown up.  The yard was perfect for the dogs and the neighborhood was old and quiet with lots of trees.  If we would have stayed in GA, I would have considered buying it.  It needed some love, but I will definitely miss you 314 Sassafras Ln...
 

But what I will miss the most are all the new friends we made.  We will be ready for visitors soon and I hope you all will make a trip down here to go to the beach.  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment