January 2, 2015

2015 New Year's Resolutions

I'm hoping 2015 is another big year for the Kendi Haus.  We seem to do better in odd numbered years than even...

Here are my goals/ resolutions for 2015.  There are a lot, and I'm going to work really hard at all of them, but I'm giving myself the whole year to accomplish them.  I've found that if you expect to complete New Year's resolutions in January, you end up failing.  My list is pretty long and some things are easier than others.  But I'm going to really try hard at them this year.

So, wish me luck!  Cheers!


Mandi's Resolutions 2015


1.  Lose the baby weight
  • I told myself when I got pregnant that I would give myself 12 months to work off the weight I gained.  That that time frame was a realistic goal.  It has been difficult to not beat myself up over my body since having Gunnar, even though my logical brain says give your body time.  Which brings me to my next resolution...

2.  Take the stairs whenever possible

3.  Become a runner:  Complete a Couch to 5K (C25K).  Run a 5k.
  • I want to get a jogging stroller.  I'm hoping this is something Gunnar and I can do together.  We'll be bonding, I'll be getting in shape and showing him fitness can be fun.

4.  Cook more meals, eat out less (which will help with...)

5.  Financial fast for 3 months
  • Not consecutively, but three months total in 2015.  Kevin and I decided that 2015 was the year to get all our fiances in order: draw up wills, work out a retirement plan, get a financial planner, come up with a budget and really stick with it.
6.  Find a career path that makes me happy

7.  Go someplace I've never been

8.  Find a balance between taking care of myself and taking care of my family (which brings us to...)

9.  Do a face mask or facial or pedicure or bath soak every Sunday

10.  Get my skin under control
  • Find a face wash and lotion that really works for me.  Get in the habit of washing and moisturizing my face every night.
11.  Wear a piece of jewelry everyday

12.  Learn how to do more hairstyles for my hair

13.  Streamline my wardrobe
  • Figure out the pieces that work best for me and make the most outfits.  Figure out the gaps in my wardrobe to make more outfits.  Hunt down higher quality pieces for good prices (cuz they last!)
14.  Downsize our possessions.  We have way too much stuff!

15.  Finish organized all my pictures and stay on top of Gunnar's monthly picture and baby books.

16.  Do my recommended Luminosity training and work up to training everyday.

17.  Blog more, Facebook less and eventually never again.

18.  Put my phone away and be more in the moment.  Especially the little moments with Gunnar and Kevin, cuz they go by so fast!  Plus, it's rude.

19.  Try not to let the bad things/ people/ events in the world take over.  As Mister Rogers said, "look for the helpers".

20.  Have more faith.  In God.  In myself.  In mankind.


1 comment:

  1. I have faith in you. I always have and know you can accomplish anything you set
    your mind too. Go Mandi!! Love you. ( some of those are mine too!)

    ReplyDelete