September 9, 2015

The Bear Den #4

A lot of changes in the den.  First, Gunnar is full on walking!  It is the cutest thing I've seen so far.  He toddles around with is arms out for balance.  He been climbing the steps for a while now but now he goes up to the top without stopping.  He holds my hand as we walk around the house.  He just loves going from one end of the room to the other.  He also waves bye-bye.  Every morning when I leave I say "bye-bye" and he smiles and waves at me.  I can't stand it!

Next big news, Kevin got a job!  His days of being a SAHD are over. While I'm sure he's happy to be working again, I know that he's going to miss being able to snuggle with Gunnar any time he wants.  Now, everyone in the house is going to be fighting over Gunnar when we all get home from work.  It should be interesting.  With Kevin going back to work, it means that Gunnar will be going into daycare.  We are lucky to have a nice daycare located less than five minutes from the house.  My friend's son already goes there and says nice things about it.   I'm sure it's a great facility, I just have your typical mommy anxiety about handing over my child to someone else.  I believe that daycare is good for kids.  It teaches social skills and survival in a way a parent can't teach their kids.  I was a daycare kid and I have always been proud of that.  I think it taught me how to be independent, think on my feet, make friends and be confident.  To this day, I have no problem going on adventures and meeting new people.   I make friends fast at new jobs and I truly enjoy learning about different people.  I hope that Gunnar will get all of those things from being in daycare as well.

Kevin and I have also started thinking about where we would like to live permanently.  This is the scariest thing I think I have done yet.  We know that we want to stay in MI.  But where?  I work in Ann Arbor and Kevin will be working in Jackson.  All our family and friends are in Metro Detroit. And how do you pick a good school system?  Will it change before Gunnar even starts school?  Do we live in the country or stay close to a city?  How long will it take to get food, clothes, health care? Is it safe?  Are there other children around to play with?  Is there a church near by?  How far is too far to live from work?  Ugh.  The questions are endless.  It's the most expensive purchase of your life.  How do you really know you made the right choice?  I mean, you are going to have to commit to a place for a few years.  A lot can change in a few years...

Being an adult is hard.  While I'm excited about this next chapter in our lives, it is still overwhelming and scary.  I hope that the universe sends us a house that will fit all the things we need.  We just have to be patient.

Cheers





1 comment:

  1. I'm over the city life. I really want to get my family on board with moving to Vermont. I just know I should spend the rest of my life there. Dylan will go with me :)

    ReplyDelete