August 13, 2012

Origin Story

All superheroes have an origin story.  You know, how they came to be who they are.  Superman's planet blew up and his parents sent him to Earth where some nice farmers raised him.  Batman went all dark knight vigilante after his parents were murdered.  Spiderman was bitten by a radioactive spider...you get the idea.

Haus of Kendi isn't about superheroes.  Its just about two people in love trying to conquer the everyday struggles of today.  We are the average American couple.  We work, we fight, we dream.  Not necessarily in that order.  We have our good days and our bad days.  We hope that you enjoy hearing both because both are real.  Every couple will have things to overcome and joy to share.  We hope that by sharing these things, it might give other couples ideas, inspiration or just the sense that there are crazier people out there...

But I digress.  I was talking about superheros and origins.  Well, we're not superheros but we do have an origin story.  My name is Mandi and my husband is Kevin.  We meet at a New Year's Eve party in 2007.  We did the long distance thing for almost a year before I left the ATL and moved to Michigan to be with Kevin.  After living in sin for seven months, Kevin proposed on May 21, 2009.  Wedding preparations commenced and we said "I do" on June 12, 2010 in Grand Rapids, MI in a unique and over-the-top fashion.  Hey, go big or go home, right?

After some time apart and in Nashville, we moved back to the ATL.  This is the part of the story that is the Haus of Kendi.  Cheers.

(Oh!  I guess I should explain the origin of the name, Haus of Kendi.  Our first Christmas together, my mom gave us a couple present.  Following the tabloid trend of giving celebrity couples one name, she christened us "Kendi'.  Since both Kevin and I are German (him more than me, clearly, Schwemmin?!), the use of haus was just obvious.  And it sounds like a fashion label, which I love.  Bonus!)

No comments:

Post a Comment