August 29, 2012

Pantry Pests and Pitty Pat's

So, this past weekend didn't exactly go according to the original plan.  We had an un-announced visit from a group that we didn't even know existed...



Allow me to introduce you to our house "guests", the pantry moth.  It seems that we have had the joyous occasion of rather several births in our pantry.  After noticing more than a few moths camped out on the ceiling, Kevin googled them and found out what they were and how to get rid of them.  And its neither fun, nor easy.  So Saturday was spend with vinegar and washcloths wiping down the entire pantry and checking every piece of food stored there.  One of my biggest pet peeves is waste.  Food, electricity, water, paper, you name it, I HATE wasting it.  So, when we started throwing away perfectly good pasta and walnuts, I was pretty pissed at our new "friends" at that point.  But, things could be worse, and after a $7 trap, a hunting kitty and some paper towels, the situation seems to be under control...unless we missed someone...

On a happier note, we finally cashed in my birthday coupon to go to Pitty Pat's Porch in Downtown Atlanta.  It's a Gone with the Wind themed restaurant and that just happens to be my favorite movie of all time.  Scarlett O'Hara is my hero.  And OMG, the food.  It. Was. Ah-MAZING!  By far the best fried chicken I have ever had (and I know that's blasphemy since I was raised on Frankenmuth fried chicken...)

Cheers!



Scarlett greets you when you walk in


This is Aunt Pitty Pat!


Kevin starts with an "Ankle Breaker"...


while I have a "Scarlett's Passion".


Appetizers:  Gumbo and Pecan Crusted Catfish


Kevin got the fried chicken.  Best. Chicken. EVER.


I got the 12 Oaks BBQ ribs (with a little JD in the sauce).  Notice the biscuits and cornbread in the background...


***Note***
      Everything about our dinner was budget savvy.  I bought a coupon for $45 on Travelzoo that got us $104 worth of food from Pitty Pat's (which we didn't even meet after 2 cocktails, 2 apps, 2 entrees, 2 desserts and a Sweet Tea), parking was free (Aunt Pitty validates) and my new dress was $17 from Target (it looks better in sunlight...)!

No comments:

Post a Comment