January 4, 2013

December Pinterest Party

So, I think it's been well established that there are only, like, four people not on Pinterest these days.  I myself am completely obsessed.  Because of this obsession, I tried to start a weekly Pinterest party with a few of my equally obsessed girlfriends.  Well, my first attempt failed (I completely forgot that I was going to have the party that day).  Thankfully, my girl Tanisha picked up the slack and planned one in December at her house.  It was just the thing I needed to kick off my Pinterest Christmas.

We decided to make it a monthly event and we even established a format for the parties:

1:  The hostess will do a food pin, so we have food to eat and can try a new recipe

2:  Each month we'll pick a different category to pick pins from, since we all inadvertently chose beauty product pins...

3:  We bring enough supplies for the other ladies to try the pin we picked.  That way we are all try a bunch of pins each party.

Here we are hard at work on the first project



We did my pin first.  I chose "Gardener's Hand Scrub".  It was very easy, only 2 ingredients.  All you need is Dawn dish soap with Olay and sugar.  That's it!  Find the complete instructions here.

Mine pin is done!

We moved on to Shannon's pin.  She picked a body scrub, also super easy and smelled really good.  She got the scented sea salts from Whole Foods and we mixed in different oils like coconut oil, grape seed oil and olive oil.

Shannon's body scrub


My finished scrub (please ignore my hair.  It was raining that day)

Shannon also brought a lip scrub for us to make.  This was also really easy and only a couple ingredients.  You can find the recipe here.  I haven't tried the lip scrub yet but I love the one you can get from Lush, and I'm sure this is pretty similar.

Finished lip scrub

Danielle baked banana bread for us and packaged it up so pretty.




We were really excited with how everything turned out.  I got a few Christmas presents taken care of too!




This month is jewelry and accessories hosted by Shannon.  Can't wait!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment