January 10, 2013

Pinterest Christmas 2012



So, I may have mentioned earlier that my goal for this past Christmas was to make it a Pinterest Christmas.  I was hoping to make everyone's presents.  I wanted to save some money and I personally think that handmade presents are better.  Well, I didn't take into account how long it takes to make things.  I was able to get a few things done, but not everything I had on my list.  Good thing there are always birthdays and pinterest parties!

Here's the run down of Pinterest Christmas 2012...

My most important pin, and most tedious, was for my mom.  Boot shapers.  I really liked these and I knew she would too.  I had really good instructions, I just needed to find all the stuff and make them.  I think they turned out really good for the first try!



Who doesn't love Christmas cookies?  Not the Haus of Kendi, that's for sure!  Kevin is really good in the kitchen and he wanted to bake all his family's traditions this year, included Peanut Blossoms, Sugar Cookies and Nuts & Bolts (Chex Mix).  I can't think of a better treat to hand out at Christmas, can you?  :)  I tried some new recipes I found on Pinterest.  Some worked, some didn't.  More on the pintatrophies later...

All dressed up and baking Peanut Blossoms


Crushing candy canes for cookies


Frosting sugar cookies


The baking pin successes were Puppy Chow (recipe here) and Peppermint Brownie Cookies (recipe here).  Both were really easy and straight forward.  My only change, I added a lot more powdered sugar to the Puppy Chow than what was in the recipe.  Two more winners!

Puppy Chow

Finished cookies


We also make some mixes for our family and friends too: Kevin's Pancake Mix and Instant Hot Cocoa Mix.

 
Instant hot chocolate packaged and ready to give!


And last but not least, I followed these instructions and the instructions on the package to make an etched monogram beer mug for Kevin's brother.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the finished product, but it turned out better than I thought it would!

Dad helping me cut out the "R" stencil

My mom also got in on the Pinterest Christmas, but she didn't realize that she had.  She made me a make-up brush travel roll!  She got the instructions from the PBS show "Deals", but I found some on pinterest here.  She made it out of a hand towel so it could be washed and picked brown so you wouldn't see make-up stains.  I totally love it!!



Final pin tally: 5

I hope this inspires you all to try some of the things you find on Pinterest.  This Christmas alone, I've added two new recipes and two new skills to my repertoire!  

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment