June 4, 2015

Easter 2015 (Baby's First Easter)

Gunnar's first Easter!  Easter is my holiday.  I feel that the Polish do Easter the best.  The food is amazing and the traditions really speak to the heart of the season.  Some how, we always end up living near a Polish market.  It was a bit of a drive this year, but I got my kielbasa, pierogis and butter lamb.  We were cooking for four people this year so I got extra kielbasa.  Turns out I got way too much.  If you have ever cooked kielbasa, you know that it smells up everything...in the most amazing way.  But, alas, I had to toss a lot of it because we couldn't finish it in time.

We went to the mall to get a picture with the Easter Bunny.  I found the perfect outfit at my favorite consignment store.  Gunnar smiled the whole time because he was looking at his mama.  I don't think he even knew he was sitting on a giant bunny. Lol.  And thank goodness it wasn't one of those creepy bunnies...

On Easter Sunday, we got all dressed up and tried to go to church.  The first church we tried (different from last year) was completely full.  I wanted to get the special children's blessing but we ended up leaving because I was so frustrated.  It was really disappointing.  We ended up at the church from last year later that day.  It wasn't crowded, which I guess was nice since we had Gunnar.  While he did really well, I don't think I'll be taking him to church until he is older.  

All in all, it was a nice day.  I think Gunnar enjoyed going through his Easter basket.  I know he especially loved the grass.  Next year I hope he is big enough for dying eggs.  And going to Easter egg hunts.  I totally want to be the house that hosts a giant Easter Egg hunt for the neighborhood kids each year.  I've already started collecting the plastic eggs for it...

Cheers!


















No comments:

Post a Comment