July 31, 2014

Bump Diaries 2.21

So, we've known for a whole week that we're having a boy.  I've settled a little more into that fact.  We went shopping and I got a lot of cute boy clothes, mostly from Goodwill.  I don't see the point of spending a fortune on things they are only going to wear once...

I also got what I think will be my last big round of maternity clothes.  I've been doing pretty good with things I already have.  The clothes I saved have been a life saver.  I really only bought this last round to make me feel pretty.

I've started thinking about the nursery too.  I had all these great ideas for a girl, now I need to shift to something that will work for a boy.  I found a wooden rocking horse from Goodwill for $4.  When you rock it, it's legs move.  I'm going to paint it and put it on a shelf in his room.  I'm going with a vintage look, but now it will be less flowers and more other things.  

We've also started really discussing boy names.  We had two good ones we both really liked before we found out the gender.  Now, I'm not 100% sold on them.  I still like them, but I wonder if there is something better out there.  I also feel like I'll have to see him in order to know.

I feel lots of movement now.  Its strange but comforting, at least I know he's alive.  Sometimes they are really strong kicks that take my breath away.  Sometimes they are little flutters.   Our little man really moves around in the evening when I finally get to sit down after a day in the lab.

The heartburn is still in full force.  And I think I may be one of the lucky pregnant ladies to get hemorrhoids.  Now, I've never had hemorrhoids in my life, so I don't know what they feel like.  But I do know that you can get hemorrhoids while pregnant because of a combination of things beyond your control.  And something doesn't feel right down there.  So far, it's nothing problematic in any way, it would just be nice to not have ONE of the uncomfortable side effects from pregnancy.  Just one.

The other day, I ended up getting really sad about the fact that everyone we know is up in MI and we are alone in FL.  Once again, I feel cheated out of this experience because we live so far away.  I would like to talk to my mommy friends and get ideas and suggestions.  I would like to have my family at the hospital the day after to meet him.  It's scary to be going through this huge life changing event on your own.  I know that Kevin and I can do it, I just wish we didn't have to.  I know that everyone will make the trip down here to meet him as soon as they can.  I just wish it didn't have to be such an ordeal.



No comments:

Post a Comment