April 8, 2014

Lent 2014 Update

We're about 4 weeks into Lent and I'd thought I'd give an update on our progress.  The financial fast didn't go very well.  With a baby on the way, my belly expanding and with both of us just generally being exhausted, there were a lot of expenses that creep up, mainly eating out.  But its ok.  I'm not going to beat my self up over it.  We have cut back a lot, so for that I am happy.  When we need to spend money, like on maternity clothes for me, I try to find the cheapest ones I can.  And I try to only get pieces that will work with what I already have.

As for donating and cleaning out the house, that we are doing well on.  We've stuck to at least one item per person per day.  We tackled a good chunk of the garage and moved it to Goodwill.  We still have one room to clean out so I definitely think that we'll hit our goal of 80 items out of the house by the end of Lent.  We may have already hit that number...

Cheers!

Here's two weeks worth of stuff.  Forgot to take a picture of the second car load we took to Goodwill...


No comments:

Post a Comment