April 28, 2014

Bump Diaries 1.8

After reading about all the horrible things in beauty products and how they can effect the baby, I got rid of all my lotion, face soap and hair stuff.  We hit up the organic food store and I spent an hour reading labels and picking out new products.  I like the shampoo and conditioner so far, LOVE the new deodorant and lotion and I'm not thrilled with the face soap.  I know that my face needs salicylic acid to stay under control and I can no longer use that.  I guess only time will tell if this new organic stuff is better.  I know its better for the environment, but I need it to perform like my old products.

I also started a cocoa butter routine for my belly.  I remember that my mom used it while she was pregnant with me and she didn't get any stretch marks.  Stretch marks are genetic, but every little bit helps.

Still nauseous.  Still exhausted.  Still craving Mexican Pizzas from Taco Bell and BLTs.  The guy at the Taco Bell drive thru knows my order now.  I really want to tell him I'm pregnant so he doesn't judge me.  Lol.

For the first couple weeks of being pregnant, food didn't taste right.  It didn't taste bad, but it didn't taste like my brain remembered.  Except cheese.  Cheese still tasted the same, so I ate a lot of that.  Then, I ended up constipated.  Which totally freaked me out because I had no idea how to deal with that while pregnant.  I went to the boards on BabyCenter.com and read what other moms-to-be were doing and settled on this plan:

 1. No more cheese!
2.  More fruits and veggies.  Specifically apples and grapes to help move stuff along.
3. Drink more water!
4. Two colace a day
5.  Cut back on bread and doughy stuff


1 comment:

  1. Use coconut oil (big jar from produce section) for face & body moisturizer. I've been using it
    for a while now and its great. Nature antibacterial and no added chemicals. One big jar
    costs about $5.00. All the money saved will buy some clothes.

    ReplyDelete