April 25, 2014

Bump Diaries 1.6

Despite all the doom and gloom we had been hearing from various doctors and nurses, Kevin remained optimistic.  If he had any doubts about whether I was really pregnant or not, he didn't share them with me. Instead, every time I asked he told me he knew this was it.  We were going to have a baby.  It made me feel a lot better. 

I started getting nauseous in week 6.  It was a drastic change from waking up STARVING in week 5.  And I mean starving.  Like that pain you get when you put off eating too long.  It was waking me up.  That had never happened before...  But I still didn't think it meant that I was successfully pregnant.  The nausea has been consistent though.  I don't throw up, which doesn't surprise me since I don't throw up ever, pregnant or not.  It's more of a gagging.  It became kind of hard to hide at work, but I think I managed pretty well. 

Then the exhaustion set in.  It was difficult for me to get up in the morning and I was falling asleep on the couch by 6:30 in the evening.  And sleeping was becoming difficult due to the fact that I was getting up to pee at night an average of 8 times.  While all of these signs would have told a normal women that she was indeed pregnant, I still remained doubtful.  I was protecting myself.  I didn't want to get my hopes up. 

But Kevin's were already sky high...

I managed to make it though a 22 hr road trip up to MI for Christmas and didn't tell anyone.  My friend Tiona even rubbed her baby bump on me for "baby dust" and I didn't say anything.  I ate like it was my job too.  I don't remember ever eating that much before.  And it had to be BLTs.  I don't know how many I had, but they were my favorite.  Maybe I really was pregnant...


No comments:

Post a Comment