April 13, 2014

Bump Style: Budget 101

One of my big goals when I got pregnant was to look cute with what I already had and only add a few pieces for when I got bigger...for cheap.  :)

I starting doing research before I really needed maternity clothes to get an idea of what was out there.  I was quickly disappointed.  Clothes that were cute and stylish were too expensive and the ones that were reasonably priced were ugly.  I got discouraged pretty fast, but I couldn't give up.  My pants were quickly becoming too small.  

So, here's what I was able to find so far and where I got it.  Most of the things I picked are very basic and good for layering.  And I'm pretty sure that I can get away with wearing a lot of the tops after the baby is here, which will be important since my body won't be bouncing back in a month.  The jeans and leggings I will be saving for baby #2.  I will probably splurge on a cute dress for the baby shower and professional bump pics, but we'll see.  I hope you other mamas-to-be find things that make you feel fabulous, without breaking the bank!  Stay tuned for more deals I find as I continue to grow!

Cheers!

Old Navy

$12




$6.50

$9.75


$7.80

$12.35


$11.01

Burlington

Belly band - $10

2 pairs jeans - $19 & $25 (because of shipping)

White cami - $4

Leggings - $8



JC Penney

White jeans - $28


White tank - $11

Zulily.com
Jeans & Top $44


Total: $208.41


1 comment:

  1. Another tip for you - check out the clearance racks at Gap Maternity (which is in the back of most Baby Gaps). They usually have some ridiculous stuff on offer there. Tank tops for $2? Heck yeah! Unfortunately the jeans never seem to be on sale.

    ReplyDelete