April 27, 2014

Bump Diaries 1.7

So, I had this really great post written about this week then I lost it some how.  This post is not as good as the one I lost.  Blogspot is always giving me problems...

After spending all of Christmas break in Michigan anxious about whether or not I was actually pregnant, the day finally came for the ultrasound.  I was really nervous.  I had a morning appointment and Kevin was still on break from work so he could come.  They got us back into the room pretty quickly.  The US tech was nice and gave me the lovely paper gown that makes you look fabulous to change into and left.  After I was changed and on the table, she came in.  I told her why we were there.  My heart was racing.  This was the moment of truth.  Was I really pregnant?  Were our dreams finally coming true?  She had me lie back as she prepped the equipment.  I tried to get my heart rate under control and calm down, but it was useless.  This could go one of two ways and I would know as soon as she looked at the monitor.  I would see it in her face, I just knew it.  She got everything ready, put the probe in place and started looking at the screen.  I held Kevin's hand.  Then, she flipped on the big screen TV on the wall and said "there's your baby!"


I burst into tears.  My heart was racing so fast.  Kevin was smiling so big.  He always had faith.  There was our little bean.  I was really and truly pregnant.  She pointed out the heart, that was already beating at 166 bpm.  She started looking at other things, making sure every thing was in order.  She took some measurements and gave us a new due date of August 14.  I was 7.5 weeks along.  I asked about the cist that they had seen in ER and she said it looked normal.  Then she printed out some pictures for us and we were on our way to meet with the insurance lady to discuss the rest of my prenatal care.  I have to say I didn't really hear a lot of what was said.  I was still thinking about what I had seen on the screen.  My baby.  I was going to be a mom.  At last, it was my turn.

We went to lunch right after.  I kept taking the pictures out of my purse to look at them.  I had to spend the rest of the day with this huge secret at work.  I was still in shock that I was pregnant.  Our journey had begun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment