May 20, 2014

Bump Diaries 2.16

I'm happy to say that my 16th week of being pregnant, I seem to be getting the hang of it.  On the first day, I received a package from my aunt that contained two children's books.  The Little Golden book is perfect for our little Florida water baby.  It also captures the look for the nursery I have been dreaming up.  It is really easy to fall into the whole "beach look" when you live on the coast.  I mean, it's not like I have to look far for a ton of decorations.  But, while I like that whole look, I feel it's a cop out for our nursery.  And I'm also not a big fan of themed nurseries.  I like the themes that people come up with, don't get me wrong, it's just not the look I ever imagined for our baby.  

I tried that belly band again and it was, again, a huge fail.  I'm so glad that I didn't buy the expensive one.  Not sure what I will do with it now, but I'm creative so we'll see.

I finally broke down and made my first big maternity clothes purchase from Old Navy.  They had a sale going on and they offered an extra 35% off to card holders.  I have a list in my head of maternity clothes I will definitely need to make it through this pregnancy, so I started checking them off.  I got some simple tees for layering and work, two casual dresses I think will be great to live in as the temperature gets warmer, and a dress I might wear to a baby shower.  I also "splurged" and got a pretty top I'm sure I won't be able to wear after the pregnancy and a nautical tank, cuz, you know, it's Florida.  :)  Now I just need some jeans, another pair of leggings and two tank tops and I'm done.  I also might get a really pretty dress for taking professional maternity pics.  I already know what I want them to look like (thank you Pinterest).

More people at work are slowly finding out.  I'm still not sure how my boss feels about everything yet, but so far, things in the lab have been business as usual.  I guess only time will tell.  I am trying to have faith that everything will work out for us.  After all, God waited until now to give us a baby.  There must be a plan.

My mom bought and sent us a crib.  I was shocked when I got home on Friday and it was sitting on the front porch.  Kinda soon for a crib but at least it's the one we registered for.  

I'm feeling lots of pinches and cramps everyday.  They all seem to be in a different place.  They don't last very long, but they wear me down.  I don't sleep very well too.  It's hard for me to get comfortable.  I think I will have to break down and buy one of those support pillows.  I tried to make one with pillows I have, but it just doesn't work.  I'm trying to train my self to be a side sleeper because I know I am running out of time for sleeping on my back, but every night I wake up looking at the ceiling.  I'm getting a little worried about it...

Still using the cocoa butter every day on my belly, which is really sticking out now.  I'm trying to eat healthy, but it's hard with my schedule.  I can't eat in the lab so I have to keep wrapped snakes in my drawer.  That limits me to granola bars and crackers.  Sometimes, I get a piece of fruit in there.  Lunches are good though.  we've been pretty good about bringing our lunches to work.  I just get paranoid that I'm not heating the leftovers up enough in the microwave.

Finally got a chance to tell my friends Kiki and Lo about being pregnant.  They were the last two people I wanted to tell in person.  Lo has chosen to call the fetus Pearl, which I like and wish I thought of.  Adding that to Doughnut, which is what my BFF Kimmy calls it, this kid is already on it's way to having as many nicknames as their mama.  

All in all, I am getting more relaxed and excited every day.  I still worry about things, pretty much every day, but I am trying not to let that take away from this experience.  

It's a process.        



No comments:

Post a Comment