May 29, 2014

Bump Diaries: 2.18

This week was pretty emotional.  I got some good news and then, on the same day, I got some really sad/scary news.  The good news was that my test results from the quad screen came back negative, so yay!  One hurdle cleared.  I was finally in a somewhat good place.  Still nervous, but I decided that I was tired of being ruled by it.  So, when Kevin came home, we were going to finally put our beach picture announcement on Facebook, Instagram and this blog.  But before Kevin could get home, I received some news that put all of those plans on hold.  I got concerned all over again for our baby and was afraid to say anything for fear of having to have to tell the worst.  So, we waited.  Again.  But after a couple days, I decided that I had every right to be excited about my baby and my good news.  And a coworker of mine told me that the baby can feel everything, so I wanted to make sure that our baby felt how much we already loved it, how I prayed to have it and how truly excited I was to be it's mom.  So, we decided to do the big announcement in stages.  The first was here.  I absolutely love the picture that we took.  Kevin's photographer coworker tweaked it for us and I love how it turned out.  It's simple and says a lot about us right now. 

I still feel aches and pains every day, which always makes me worry, but I try not to let it get out of control.  There is no hiding my bump now.  It sticks out more in some clothes than others.  If I have to conceal it, I can.  I use cocoa butter every day.  I sleep on eight pillows at night and I still can't get comfortable.  I know it's only going to get worse from here on out.  Kevin looks at my belly more and more now.  And he even rubs it and says hi to the baby.  It calms me down. 

I am tracking down more and more inexpensive maternity clothes.  The trick that I was using to keep my old pants up hurts my belly now and I don't have tops long enough to cover the open zipper.  And they just weren't flattering any more which isn't good for your pregnant self confidence.  



No comments:

Post a Comment