May 28, 2014

Bump Diaries 2.17

The first day of my 17th week I went back to the doctor.  They did a blood draw for some chromosome screenings.  It's probably the scariest visit so far.  Its not like I don't worry about things pretty much every day.  I guess this is better because at least its some answers.  But the wait is going to kill me.  I got to hear the baby's heartbeat again.  Holding at 160bpm.   I think it's a girl.  :)  But if it's a boy, we have two great names ready to go.  I also made my next doctors appointment which will be the ultrasound that tells us the sex.  I am so excited.  It will be hard to wait.

I also got my first pair of maternity jeans.  I really needed a pair of pants.  I was down to three pair of normal jeans and a pair of leggings.  And the jeans were always falling off my butt.  I found a pair of cute jeans from Burlington for $19.  I'm hoping that they will last a good chunk of my pregnancy.

I've had different types of aches and pains for the last few days.  The doctor told me it seemed normal.  That my uterus and body are stretching to make room for the growing baby.  I was told to pay attention for any cramping that felt like menstrual cramps or pain that didn't go away or was progressive.  I'm still not sure what all that means.  The best way to explain the pain I feel is like I was running to much and got a stitch in my side.  It doesn't last for more than a couple seconds and it switches from side to side.  I don't get nauseous any more unless I wait too long to eat or get up set.  I'm trying to not get upset by stuff, but that's like changing my whole personality.  It's a process.  I've also hit the gas-y part of my pregnancy, which adds another variable to the pains I feel.  

I received a package from Dad and Nancy this week.  They filled it with a bunch of baby stuff.  Some things I registered for and some things they just got me cuz they liked it.  It was a really sweet package.  They even managed to tracked down the train I used to have as a baby that went on my crib from ebay.  It made me cry.  I don't have a lot from when I was little, but I do remember that train, a barking dog that my Grampa Jablonski got me, some ceramic book ends and Le Mutt (which I have in my bedroom now and will move to the nursery when it is finished).  I'm pretty sure I saved the dog and book ends, I just need to find them...  I have this feeling that they are dying to buy more baby stuff, they are just waiting to find out what I'm having.  Dad keeps asking me, "when do you find out"  and "is it time yet?"  

I went to Miami for a night too.  My friend Lo was in town for work so I thought it would be cool to visit her for the night.  The trip didn't go at all liked I planned but it was interesting to see the city and visit with Lo.  She's the first friend to see my bump, which is unmistakable now.

Since my belly really started to show this week, I have become more excited.  I still struggle with clothes, I don't think I'm at the stage where you can wear tight things and show off an obvious bump, but I'm getting close.

The last day of week 17 I got my quad screen results back.  All negative.  Which is good.  I thought this would make me feel finally relaxed, but it doesn't.  I do feel a little better, and I think I am finally ready to go Facebook public with this, but I don't think I will relax until I see the baby again in an ultrasound. 



No comments:

Post a Comment